In 1924 the Henteleff family bought 40 acres of riverfront land and launched a thriving market garden operation in St. Vital, Manitoba. Nathan and Rose and their family were one of the first Jewish market gardeners in western Canada. Nathan’s resourcefulness and innovations helped the family’s market garden operation to thrive. The family initially sold their produce from a roadside stand on St. Mary’s Road, and later at the farmers’ market on Main Street and throughout small grocery stores in Winnipeg.
Nathan and Rose lived and worked on the land until their retirement in 1967, when it was expropriated by the City of Winnipeg. In 2002, the City of Winnipeg designated the land as a public park and named it Henteleff Park in honour of Nathan, Rose and their family.